Nearly anything goes.
In my experience, strict moderation is unnecessary for the volume of comments I get. This way, I don’t have to do the hard work of distinguishing between people with grave disagreements and trolls who just want attention. Trolls mostly only succeed at getting my own attention, and I just find them funny.
In any case, there are still a few rules:
- Don’t spam me.
- Commenting under the name “anonymous” is strongly discouraged. As punishment, I will be more rude to you.
- Off-topic comments are tolerated, but sometimes I delete them.
- I am not obligated to respond, ever.
- WordPress has an automatic spam filter that I never check. If you think your comment got caught in the spam filter, contact me and I will fix it.
- Don’t paste urls. WordPress sometimes automatically embeds the article you link, and I may have to fix it. Please use hyperlinks.